If you guys didn’t know music is a big big part of my life and it has been for as long as I can remember. My parents have had a massive influence on me when it comes to my taste in music, I listen to a lot of rock, country, alt, some new pop stuff, honestly just a giant mixture of everything. Since I got Spotify premium, which I would recommend to everyone in my opinion it’s the best way to listen to music and their packages are super affordable it’s great, I’ve been making monthly playlists and adding songs to them throughout the month. The playlists are saved to my phone so I can listen to them anytime without wifi and without using my data.
So for this blog post I thought I’d take you through my October playlist, what songs are recurring from last month/previous months, which ones are seasonal and some new ones I’ve found/rediscovered over the last few weeks!
This month’s playlist is called “boo”-tober and as the description says the playlist consists of “catchy autumn tunes with some spooky mixed in”. For me autumn is a time to listen to country music and some chill indie tunes, we’re mid semester and I usually listen to music while I study so I don’t want anything too much for those intense study sessions.
Songs returning to this month’s playlists are:
- “7” and “Oxygen” by Catfish and the Bottlemen
- “When I Come Around” by Green Day
- “Round Here” by Counting Crows
- “The Boxer” covered by Mumford & Sons
- “Get in the Ring” by Guns N’ Roses
- “Mamma Mia” from Mamma Mia 2
- “Don’t Go Away Mad (Just go Away)” by Motley Crue (I think this is almost on all of my playlists I NEVER skip this song)
- “Honey Bee” by Blake Shelton (this is mine and bae’s song it will be on every playlist ever)
- “Embarque ma Belle” by Kain
Most of my returning songs are either guilty pleasures or songs that I can listen to on repeat like a bajillion times over.
- “Father of Mine” by Everlear
- “Always Remember Us This Way” by Lady Gaga (from the movie “A Star is Born”)
- “Sex and Candy” by Marcy Playground
- “No Roots” by Alice Merton
- “Dead & Bloated” by Stone Temple Pilots
- “She Used to be Mine” by Sara Bareilles
- “She Used to be Mine” by Brooks & Dunn
- “Help me Hold on” by Travis Tritt
- “The Blower’s Daughter” by Damien Rice
Most of my newly found/rediscoveries come from the song of the week challenge me and my dad do every week. We send each other new songs we think the other will like, or what we’ve been listening to most. Also the TV show The Voice and the playlists Spotify makes based on your most played songs are how I find new good music.
- “This is Halloween” by Marilyn Manson
- “Witch Doctor” remastered by Alvin & The Chipmunks
- “Hedwigs Theme” by John Williams
- “Somebody to Love” and “Fat Bottomed Girls” by Queen (to hype me up for the new Bohemian Rhapsody movie releasing in early November)
For the rest of my playlist from this month and my other monthly playlists you can click the link here. I will be making a new November playlist in the next few weeks so if you have any song recommendations definitely let me know!
this post was not sponsored by Spotify but Spotify if you’re reading and you wanna sponsor me that’d be cool too